Pages

Tuesday 1 June 2021

Canterbury Floods

 Ta'lofa Amazing Readers,


Today I'm going to be making a blog post about the Canterbury floods that have been going for the past week so far. The flood started in Ashburton near the Ashburton bridge. People have been evacuating their houses and some schools have been shut down because of the flooding going on in Canterbury. Luckily for me I didn't have to evacuate my house of my school being closed done.

Here is a link to some information to the Flooding : Canterbury flooding: Thousands in Ashburton prepare to evacuate


 Canterbury flooding: Ten State Highways remain closed as evacuations  continue - NZ Herald

Thank you for reading my blog. Please comment and have an Amazing day.

2 comments:

  1. can I have the geolocation of this area

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful greeting Divine. Lovely to see you making reference to Samoan language week. Yes, the focus was definitely on the Ashbuton/Hakatere river, but great to see you include a link to other reports in other areas. Was there any loss of life or livestock?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.